Worker commits suicide over missing iphone

Sun Danyong a worker of a company that makes iphone in china committed suicide after a prototype went missing.

A newspaper says the worker was responsible for sending iPhone prototypes to Apple, and on July 13 he reported that he was missing one of the 16 fourth-generation units in his possession. The paper quotes his friends as saying security guards searched his apartment, detained him and beat him, and that he later jumped from the 12th floor of his apartment building.

This messages were sent by Sun to his girlfriend approximately 2 hours before he died. This messages were translated and posted online:

“My dear, I’m sorry, go back home tomorrow, something has happened to me, please don’t tell my family, don’t contact me, this is the first time that I have ever begged you, please agree to that! I am so sorry!”

In records of what may be his last online chat, Sun tells old college friends that he never stole the iPhone and thinks maybe someone stole it without his noticing or possibly removed it from the box after he had sent it.

His final message:

“Right now I am paying the interest on my student loan. I hope this will not affect the chances of younger people applying for loans. I am sorry for this. Bye, Gao Ge [a college friend], rest well. Thinking that I won’t be bullied tomorrow, won’t have to be the scapegoat, I feel much better.”